Dear Slope Community,
Here is what we know at this juncture regarding the breaches to our user base:
- A cohort of Slope wallets were compromised in the breach
- We have some hypotheses as to the nature of the breach, but nothing is yet firm
- We feel the community’s pain, and we were not immune. Many of our own staff and founders’ wallets were drained
Actions we are taking:
- We are actively conducting internal investigations and audits, working with top external security and audit groups
- We are working with developers, security experts, and protocols from throughout the ecosystem to work to identify and rectify
While we have not fully confirmed the nature of the breach, in the spirit of safeguarding our user base, we recommend ALL Slope users do the following:
Create a new and unique seed phrase wallet, and transfer all assets to this new wallet. Again, we do not recommend using the same seed phrase on this new wallet that you had on Slope.
If you are using a hardware wallet, your keys have not been compromised.
We are still actively diagnosing, and are committed to publishing a full post mortem, earning back your trust, and making this as right as we can.